Northern Head and Wreck Point are both on the same cape: Northern Head is at the southeastern end of the cape and is slightly further to the east of Wreck Point, which is on the northeastern end of the cape. Flint Island lies a bit more than 3 km (1.9 mi) to the east of Wreck Point, from near which this photo was taken. Flint Island is uninhabited, but houses the lighthouse one sees in the photo above. Several rocky islets are adjacent to Flint Island, one of them about half as large as Flint Island itself.
Flint Island Lighthouse, of which a larger ærial photo by Fisheries and Oceans Canada appears on the referenced web page, was first built in 1856. In 1865, it was destroyed by fire and replaced the following year by a second lighthouse. That lighthouse was replaced in 1909 with a third tower, to which a fog horn was added. The current tower was built in 1961 and first lit in 1962; it is 18 m (59 ft) high and towers 21 m (70 ft) above the water. It was automated in 1987.